1. In what instances does Amgen collect personal information about you?
- When you interact with Amgen staff members or our representatives;
- When you participate in, or request to be considered for Amgen-related activities, such as clinical trials, advisory boards or consultancies;
- When you register for an Amgen-sponsored event (including online events); and
- When you contact us for medical information, safety or quality issues.
- In addition, Amgen is regularly provided with professional information about Health Care Professionals in Europe from a third party service provider. Amgen takes steps to ensure that the information it receives has been collected and transferred in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
2. Why does Amgen process information about you?
Amgen processes personal information about you for different purposes depending on the type of interaction we have with you and using different legitimate grounds provided in the privacy regulation such as: legitimate interest, consent, manage and comply with a contract, legal and regulatory obligations.
|Manage and comply with a contract
|Comply with Legal and regulatory obligations
Safety reporting of adverse events: Dutch Medicines Act (Geneesmiddelenwet).
Clinical Trials: Law of 24 November 2005, and when applicable Regulation 536/2014, and any nationally implemented legal texts.
Transparency: Code of Conduct for Medicines Advertising of the Dutch Medicines Advertising Foundation (Code Geneesmiddelenreclame, CGR).
3. What kind of personal information do we process?
Depending on the purposes for which personal information is collected, Amgen may process:
- Your name;
- Your contact information such as address, email or telephone number;
- Your professional information such as areas of specialization and experience;
- Dates and brief summary of interactions with Amgen’s sales representatives or medical staff; and
- Financial and banking information, but only if necessary to pay you for services or reimburse your expenses.
- Professional registration number
- The request you made and whatever data are necessary to fulfill this request (e.g.; date of travel for Congress)
4. Who can access personal information about you?
Depending on the purposes for which personal information is collected, such information may be accessed by:
- Authorized staff from Amgen or its representatives acting on Amgen’s behalf, subject to applicable privacy laws;
- Regulatory authorities and ethics committees or other third parties pursuant to applicable laws;
- Third parties processing personal information as a data processor under Amgen’s instruction (for example, a travel service or a clinical research organization); and
- Third parties with which Amgen collaborates (for example, other pharmaceutical companies), but only after taking reasonable steps to ensure that we can share such information in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
5. Where is information about you being processed?
Amgen is a multi-national company headquartered in the United States. Amgen maintains data centers around the world, including in the European Union and the United States. Amgen may process personal information in global databases that can be accessed by authorized Amgen personnel worldwide.
Transfers outside of Europe are made in accordance with applicable privacy laws. Regardless of where your personal information is collected or processed, Amgen maintains and shall ensure that service providers maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect information about you.
Transfers of personal information among Amgen and its group entities follow applicable laws and our Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs). For more information on the BCRs, including your ability to file a complaint about any processing of your personal information in violation of the BCRs, please visit http://www.amgen.com/bcr.
For more information on how Amgen uses Model Contracts, please contact Amgen's Privacy Office at: email@example.com If you want to know more about Model Contracts, including the content of model contracts, go to: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/transfer/index_en.htm
6. Retention of your personal information
Amgen process your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice and to preserve your personal information in accordance with the provisions of relevant laws and regulations.
The criteria followed is determined by:
- The purpose of the data collected and the fulfillment of that purpose.
- The ground on which the data are being collected : e.g. in case of consent, you can revoke it at any time.
- Mandatory retention periods provided by contractual and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to receive more information on a specific processing, please contact the Data Protection Officer at Amgen B.V., Minervum 7061, 4817 ZK Breda, Nederland or firstname.lastname@example.org
7. How can you access, correct or delete the personal information about you that we process?
8. How can you exercise the right to data portability?
According to the right to data portability you can receive your personal data that you provide to Amgen in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Notice that this right applies subject to certain conditions and can be requested by contacting Amgen’s Privacy Office at email@example.com
9. How can you lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority?
10. How can you contact the Data Protection Officer
Updated April 2018